Joining chorus is a wonderful experience that benefits the whole child.
- improves your singing voice.
- uses both sides of your brain. (children involved in music often perform better in other subjects like math, reading, and science!)
- reinforces musical skills (following notation, ear).
- exposes you to different styles of music from around the world and throughout history.
- helps you make new friendships and strengthen old ones.
- prepares you for middle and high school chorus.
- fosters a life-long love of music and singing.
- is a FUN and rewarding experience!
Answers to FAQ:
There is no audition to join chorus. Any interested students going into fourth and fifth grade may join. Chorus is a YEAR-LONG commitment, which ends after the spring concert. Chorus does not interfere with Band OR Windows Art. The chorus performs in two concerts: Winter and Spring.
**Please fill out this form and a new permission slip even if you were in chorus last year!
** Feel free to email Mrs. Valencia if you are not sure if you signed up already.
HOW DO I JOIN?
1) Fill out the Google Form with your information.
2) Give a signed copy of the permission slip from the end of the form to Mrs. Valencia by October 1.
We hope you will consider joining us to sing!